Yesterday, I wrote a letter to my colleagues, asking them to support “Give a Day to World AIDS”! Here are some of the reasons why…
- 34 million people are now living with HIV
- AIDS is the #1 cause of death globally for women of childbearing age
- 16.6 million children have lost parents to AIDS
Give a Day is a practical way to show that you care for the health of people well beyond our borders, by giving one day’s pay on World AIDS Day to an organization that will use the donation effectively on behalf of those most affected by HIV. The movement has now raised over $3.5 million!
This year I’m asking my local friends and colleagues to do 2 things:
- Attend the Markham Stouffville Harambee - “A Party with a Purpose” - on Thursday, November 29, 6:30 pm, Pastaggio Italian Eatery, 6211 Main Street, Stouffville. This will be a celebration of global solidarity. We’ll dance with the live band, “Souled Out”. Don’t miss it! Click on the poster below for tickets.
- Please give generously on December 1 to support the people and places severely affected by HIV. Check out www.giveaday.ca for details.
If you would like to hear more about the Give a Day campaign, have a look at the website: www.giveaday.ca